The home, living and architecture guide to Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding areas
Design & Living Magazine is a free monthly publication mailed to homes across the United States with stand distribution throughout North Dakota and Minnesota. It’s published by Spotlight Media, the publishing company behind Fargo Monthly, Fargo INC! and Bison Illustrated.
Design & Living Magazine focuses on different aspects of home design and the people who make it possible. Each issue has content related to home, garden, architecture, design, renovation, interiors, exteriors and more.
A Brief History of Design & Living Magazine
- Before 2012, the publication existed as Outdoor Design & Living Magazine.
- In 2012, Spotlight Media was approached by the previous owners, acquired the publication and rebranded it as Design & Living Magazine.
- In September 2012, the first issue hit the stands.
- In December 2013, Design & Living Magazine debuted its larger format.
- In July 2014, Design & Living Magazine released its first Lake Living issue.
- In May 2015, Chip and Joanna Gaines were featured in Design & Living Magazine.
- In June 2015, the first Design & Living Magazine People’s Choice Award winners were announced.
- In January 2016, Design & Living Magazine published its first lookbook.
- In June 2017, Design & Living Magazine unveiled a Tiny House issue.
Meet The Editor
Design & Living Magazine Editor
Alexandra Martin produces print and social media content for the magazine. She earned her degree in Fashion Communication from Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri. On the weekends, Martin enjoys decorating her new house and entertaining her two dogs and one cat.
For questions about up-and-coming issues, contact Design and Living Magazine’s Editor Alexandra Martin at DL@SpotlightMediaFargo.com or Alexandra@SpotlightMediaFargo.com.