A BRIEF HISTORY OF DESIGN & LIVING MAGAZINE
- Before 2012, the publication existed as Outdoor Design & Living Magazine.
- In 2012, Spotlight Media was approached by the previous owners, acquired the publication, and rebranded it as Design & Living Magazine.
- In September 2012, the first issue hit the stands.
- In December 2013, Design & Living Magazine debuted its larger format.
- In July 2014, Design & Living Magazine released its first Lake Living issue.
- In May 2015, Chip and Joanna Gaines were featured in Design & Living Magazine.
- In June 2015, the first Design & Living Magazine People’s Choice Award winners were announced.
- In January 2016, Design & Living Magazine published its first lookbook.
- In June 2017, Design & Living Magazine unveiled a Tiny House issue.
- In January 2020, Design & Living Magazine shifted production and distribution to a bimonthly schedule, moving from 12 issues to 6 issues a year.
- In January 2022, Design & Living Magazine laid out a triannual format featuring 3 issues: The People’s Issue, Lake Living, and The Holiday Issue
Meet The Editor & Photographer
Design & Living Magazine Editor & Photographer
Josiah Kopp produces print, photo and social media content for the magazine. His love for architecture and design stems from his childhood, working on DIY projects with his dad, and later discovering his love for photography and capturing beautiful spaces. Josiah earned his BA in Graphic Design and Business at Concordia College. Whether it’s writing and producing music, capturing the Milky Way with his camera, or storm chasing a supercell, outside the office, Josiah is always creating and immersing himself in God’s beauty.
For questions about up-and-coming issues, contact Design & Living Magazine’s Editor & Photographer Josiah Kopp at Josiah@SpotlightMediaFargo.com.