By Bryce Johnson
Just as certainly as winter will soon give way to springtime, February will conclude with the Red River Valley Home & Garden Show Feb. 23-25 at the Fargodome. Not only can you get out, stretch your legs and dream about summer, you can treat your kids to a treasure hunt, learn something at our workshops or sample the goodness of Fargo Brewing Company beers!
For nearly 60 years, the HBA of F-M has been organizing this premiere show that has something for everyone. Most importantly, it has local home building, home buying and home remodeling experts under one roof.
You can find all the details at hbafm.com or by downloading our mobile app, but here are four highlights you won’t want to forget:
1. Get crafty with wood and concrete. We have five different workshops, but these two topics appeal to those who like to work with their hands. Dakota Timber Company will discuss reclaimed wood and how it can bring character to your home and Beyond Concrete will show you how to make sturdy, rectangular concrete planters. The other three workshops are on home design by Accent Kitchen & Bath, home buying by Gate City Bank and home brewing by Prairie Homebrewing Companions.
2. Not all treasure is silver and gold, matey! Children age 12 and under will love our Kids’ Treasure Hunt, back for its third year. Pick up a map and special drawstring backpack for your kids to carry all their finds scattered amongst booths at the show. Just a few examples of items they can pick up include a tape measure, water bottle, hard hat, hacky sack and fidget spinner.
3. Sample craft beer from Fargo Brewing Company at the Home Builders Care of F-M Foundation Beer Walk, sponsored by BlackRidgeBANK. During the last two hours of the show Friday and Saturday, pay just $5 to sample five beers or $8 to sample ten beers.
4. Regular admission to the show is $10, but there are several ways to save. Please note that these offers cannot be combined.
- Advance tickets for just $6 are available at the Fargodome and at hbafm.com Feb. 1 – 22.
- $2-off coupons will be available in the show guides and at hbafm.com starting Feb. 19.
- A two-for-one admission special will be all day Sunday.
If you are interested in exhibiting, there are limited booths available. Contact Allison Weckman at 701-232-5846, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the show!
Bryce Johnson has been with the HBA of F-M for 25 years, serving as its executive officer over the past 19 years.
HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION OF FM
The Home Builders Association of Fargo-Moorhead promotes an environment in which members and their businesses can prosper.